Eddie “Skater Hunter” is also called “Sammy Hunter” in Japan and is a playable character from the famous game Streets of Rage series. He is the younger brother of Adam Hunter which is a character from the original game which first appears in the Street of Rage 2 with Max Thunder in order to help Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding who is looking for his kidnapped brother.
Table of Contents
In his debut game Street of Rage 2, Skate wears a symbolic breakdancing attire which comprises a red basketball cap which is worn backward, red fingerless gloves, stainless steel necklace, yellow tank top tucked inside white jeans shorts and the trademark which he uses is red and yellow rollerblades.
Skate Hunter makes a comeback in Bare Knuckle III which is mostly unchanged now his jeans shorts are in shades of bluish-white and underneath the yellow tank top, he is wearing a short-sleeved black shirt which is tucked inside the shorts while the tank top is free outside.
Skate Hunter is a common young man at heart: wearing the latest style, the latest slangs in speech is rebellious and proves to be a great friend in difficult times. He looks up to his brother Adam, as a role model and his mentor.
Skate has a soft touch towards Axel and Blaze who had turned into loyal allies in order to save his older brother’s life in Street of Rage 2. His bond is with the other fighter continues in Street of Rage 3.
Skate is the fastest character in this game, as well as the smallest which means the tiny hurt box which he can sometimes use to avoid getting hit by attacks that would hit the other characters. To recoup his fast movement and attack speed as he has bad range and very low damage output.
The Special abilities which Skate Hunter possesses are mentioned below:
1- Blitz Attacks
- Flying Headbutt: Skate Hunter’s most typical attack is the flying headbutt which he commonly uses against enemies. This move covers a huge distance complementing Skate’s poor rang in the normal attacks.
- Inline Rush: This is an alternate to the Blitz attack which is unlockable in the DLC for Street of Rage 4 which is exclusive to Street of Rage 2. Skate performs a dash attack that can launch enemies in the air.
- Ground Roll: In this move, Skate rolls on the ground hitting the enemies multiple times very quickly, and can keep enemies from touching the ground if used repeatedly.
2- Defensive Special Attacks
- Spinning Attack: Skate’s Defensive Special shows his breakdancing abilities. He turns on his back, kicking adversaries around him. This move is quick and solid, being incredible when encircled or flanked.
- Cannonball: The other Defensive Special Attack unlockable in the DLC for Streets of Rage 4, and select to Streets of Rage 2 Skate. He pushes himself forward like a ball, thumping enemies away. Looks basically the same as Blanka’s Rolling Attack from the Street Fighter series.
- Get off me: The other Defensive Special Attack unlockable in the DLC for Streets of Rage 4, and selective to Streets of Rage 3 Skate. He’ll punch foes around him like his Skating Fist Fury, however without moving. Bargains more harm than his Spinning Attack at the expense of lower range.
3- Offensive Special Attacks
- Corkscrew Kick: Skate’s Offensive Special in Streets of Rage 2, where he hops up high and plummets turning, hitting on various occasions. Outstandingly Skate’s slowest move, however which additionally bargains the most elevated harm.
- Skating Fist Fury: Skate’s Offensive Special in Streets of Rage 3, where he runs forward while thrashing his arms, hitting on various occasions. A lot quicker than his Corkscrew Kick, while covering more distance, in spite of the fact that managing altogether provides less harm.
- Somersault: The other Offensive Special Attack unlockable in the DLC for Streets of Rage 4, and elite to Streets of Rage 2 Skate. He plays out a speedy flying kick forward, which appears to be like his Back Attack.
4- Star Moves
- Breakdance: Street of Rage 2 Skate’s Star Move is included in Streets of Rage 4, where he plays out his Spinning Attack on numerous occasions while sliding through the ground, hitting all adversaries in its way.
- Drilling Strike: The other Star Move unlockable in the DLC for Streets of Rage 4 and selective to Streets of Rage 2 Skate. He plays out a flat form of his Corkscrew Kick, hitting all adversaries in the way on numerous occasions.
Human Cannonball: The other Star Move unlockable in the DLC for Streets of Rage 4 and elite to Streets of Rage 3 Skate. He’ll impel himself up high and crash on the ground, causing a blast.